[SDL] Double buffering waitretrace and flickering

Daniel Tabuenca shodan at CBL-atabuen.hs.earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 09:51:02 PDT 1999

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Sam Lantinga wrote:

> Hmm, I don't have any idea.  It should work properly.
> The DGA driver does wait for vertical retrace on the flip.
> Err, actually it waits for vertical retrace on the lock.
> You are locking the buffer, right?

Hmm.. where would I lock thje buffer? Right before the flip? The blit
documentation says  I shouldn't blit to a locked buffer.. is this correct?
Also the flip documentation says that it waits for a vertical refresh so
you are saying this is not correct?