[SDL] More tile based junk

John Garrison jeg at visi.net
Thu Aug 19 18:58:47 PDT 1999

Warren Downs wrote:

>      Don't you mean 48 32x32 tiles?  Since the tiles are half the size in
>      both dimensions, that would require four times as many tiles to cover
>      the same area.
>
>      Blitting 12 larger tiles should be much faster, in any case.
>
>      Warren

Don't forget though that bigger tiles also mean a more "blocky"  appearance.  When
I was writing a tile-based game for DOS a couple years back I switched to a tile
have the size and the graphics looked alot better,  they looked less tile-based, if
that makes any since.
So speed isn't the only issue.