[SDL] Double buffering waitretrace and flickering

Michael Lunnay ra at box.net.au
Wed Aug 18 00:58:22 PDT 1999

are you drawing to the back buffer or to the screen. If you are drawing to
the screen you will still get the screen tearing as you are not wating for
the vsync of the monitor. you need to do all your work to the back buffer
and once that is complete you then flip the surface to display the contents.

hope this helps.

Michael