[SDL] faster way?

Frank Ramsay fjramsay at erols.com
Tue Aug 17 19:03:16 PDT 1999

Back to the topic this thread originally started on... ;)

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input.  I got the
frame rate up acceptably high.  On my laptop (P-150MMX) the
frame rate at 640x480x8bpp is around 60fps, that's up from
4.8fps And on my big machine (PII-450) it's around 250fps
(up from 18fps)

After I clean it up a bit, add some features (loading/saving
maps, multiple sprite tables, stoping out a few bugs that crept
in (it has a nasty memory leak right now) I'll release it.

			-fjr