[SDL] Re: Announcing SDL 0.10.0

Garrett mongoose at wpi.edu
Fri Aug 13 12:04:45 PDT 1999

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 09:43:29AM -0700, brian moore wrote:
>
> > I think it's mainly cause a) SDL doesn't have the marketing hype of,
> > say, ClanLib, and b) it's "lower level" than some of the others.
>
> Does anyone actually use ClanLib? It seems just as ugly as SVGALib, as
> far as I can tell.

   Nope, I used GGI though and that was pretty bad. All GGI is about is running
ontop of as many other different API's as possible. It can run on top of
clanlib. I stopped using it when I tried to make a TGA loading routine and I had
to use PutPixel routines to draw the entire image to the screen.

-Garrett, WPI student majoring in Computer Science.

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since
for him the spinal cord would suffice." -Albert Einstein