[SDL] Re: Announcing SDL 0.10.0

ben.campbell at cyberlife.co.uk ben.campbell at cyberlife.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 10:08:25 PDT 1999

I think this is the important point - commercial game developers are more
likely to be writing a lot of their own routines themselves. They don't want
superflous network/image-loading/sprite-handling/whatever stuff in the core
library. They just want an interface which gives them low-level access with
minimum overhead and hand-holding.

Anyway, that's _my_ reason for wanting to use SDL rather than any other libs
- its minimalism is reassuring.

Ben.
--
Ben Campbell (Antipodean Straggler)