[SDL] Re: Announcing SDL 0.10.0

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Fri Aug 13 09:43:29 PDT 1999

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 11:30:45AM -0500, Garrett wrote:
>   I find it odd that SDL is one of the only libraries used in a commercial game
> and yet it hasn't gotten the popularity that all the other graphic libraries
> have.

I think it's mainly cause a) SDL doesn't have the marketing hype of,
say, ClanLib, and b) it's "lower level" than some of the others.

Of course, it's also a zillion times faster.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting