[SDL] Just a curious question

Garrett mongoose at wpi.edu
Fri Aug 6 15:35:07 PDT 1999

On Fri, 06 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> >   Nope, its running in a 640x480 window both times.
>
> Can you verify that the app is actually using that much memory.
> I don't have any explanation...

   Hmmm, heres ps m  if it means anything
  PID TTY MAJFLT MINFLT   TRS   DRS  SIZE  SWAP   RSS  SHRD   LIB  DT COMMAND
  1448  p0    554    633    32  3284  3316     0  3316  1904     0 653 ProjectX

  PID TTY MAJFLT MINFLT   TRS   DRS  SIZE  SWAP   RSS  SHRD   LIB  DT COMMAND
 1453  p0    582    641    32 36056 36088     0 36088  2016     0 658 ./ProjectX

Dunno where else to get memory info, and stepping through the program, about 30
megs of memory is allocated at the function
SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO);

-Garrett, WPI student majoring in Computer Science.

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since
for him the spinal cord would suffice." -Albert Einstein