[SDL] Data structures documentation

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Mon Aug 16 22:20:38 PDT 1999

> The little thread on pitch kinda says just how incomplete our
> documentation on SDL's internal data structures is.  I learned the meaning
> of the pitch variable by looking into the library code myself.  I believe
> a section in the manual should be written explaining the meanings and
> purposes of the contents of the various data structures used by SDL, at
> the very least the nontrivial and unobvious ones such as pitch inside
> SDL_Screen.  Maybe I will do this while the code is still under 50,000
> lines (a wc of SDL 0.10.0 is ~30,000 lines).  I think it will become
> harder and harder to do this as the library grows, but once it has been
> done it won't be so hard maintaining it to track changes.

I will gladly accept any documentation.  I'm fully swamped just maintaining
the existing documentation, and planning the next development version of SDL.
(which I will talk about soon :)

	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software
--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"
						 -- Rich Kulawiec