[SDL] Three questions

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Sun Aug 1 16:14:47 PDT 1999

> On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 04:29:54PM -0700, brian moore wrote:

> > (Dynamic linking does odd things with suid.  Ick.)

> And not having libsdlx11.so (or whatever) show up in ldd makes it more of a
> pain...

> Maybe if we just assumed that major versions are binary compatible (and
> include the version number in the name of the library on unintelligent OSs),
> that problem could be simplified.

> (And that'll solve the problem of devel versions being treated as stable too ;)

I'm working on a new internal infrastructure that will allow you to compile
lots of front-end interfaces into SDL and it can dynamically pick between
them.  This will get rid of a lot of the dynamic loading silliness, and
allow the first steps towards multi-heading support (monitor, keyboard,
sound card, etc.)

	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software
--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"
						 -- Rich Kulawiec