A word of caution

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Thu Apr 30 12:41:18 PDT 1998

> Just to defend myself, may I point out that my original post was to have a
> single thread(and only spawn off another thread if the programmer wanted
> to...

Right, although that other thread couldn't handle events -- it would handle
game AI perhaps.

> Anyhow, yep - Of course the bestest solution of all would be to
> have interupts...

That would be possible _but_ you couldn't service them in the interrupt
routine.  You'd have to set a global flag that tells the rest of your
program that there might be input waiting.

(You couldn't guarantee that there's input waiting though, because of
 the way you can check for input under X11 and the filtering mechanims)

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

--
Author of Simple DirectMedia Layer -