C++ thoughts

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Wed Apr 22 10:04:33 PDT 1998

> It might be a good idea to follow this idea & use classes internally
> (maybe even templates, as they provide static resolution & thus won't have
> the same overhead as polymorphic classes.) Due to compatibility reasons,
> we'd have to export most of the interface as C functions as well...

Yeah, it's the exporting of the interface as C functions that's a pain... ?

> > Of course, because of linking oddities it will remain C in the future.

> Are you refering to the name mangling here?

Yep, which would be avoided by exporting C functions.

You'd have to keep the SDL_Surface structure a C struct, and
that's the part that would benefit the most by being a class.
I think I'll leave it C for now, with the thought in mind..

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken at devolution.com)

--
Author of Simple DirectMedia Layer -