C++ thoughts

Philipp Tomsich mac at mars.zserv.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Apr 22 09:01:14 PDT 1998

> You know, SDL video is turning into a really well defined interface.
> It would fit into a C++ class very easily.

It might be a good idea to follow this idea & use classes internally
(maybe even templates, as they provide static resolution & thus won't have
the same overhead as polymorphic classes.) Due to compatibility reasons,
we'd have to export most of the interface as C functions as well...

> Of course, because of linking oddities it will remain C in the future.

Are you refering to the name mangling here?

cheers,
phil.