Cross-compiler

Emil Brink d94-ebr at nada.kth.se
Fri Apr 10 05:52:00 PDT 1998

OK. I got the cross-compiler, but I can't use it. Could anyone
provide some hints as to how you go about using it? I find
the file layout very confusing; there's bin directory in
win32/i386-pc-cygwin32/bin, but there's no cc1 (the compiler stage)
in there. In stead, the cc1 is sitting over in
win32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-970404?! What's up
with that? I'm highly confused.

What I think I need is a simple step-by-step explanation on how you
go about using this cross-compiler. I suppose you need to either
rename all the components (to e.g. win32-gcc, win32-ld etc) or do
some massive path trickery before envoking the cross-compilers...

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

/Emil