More PPC pthread madness

Michael Samuel michael at surfdirect.com.au
Wed Apr 1 19:48:12 PST 1998

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Sam Lantinga wrote:

> Thread running
> Allocating 1K
> (part 1 of 16)
> Segmentation fault
> [slouken at ickis slouken]$
>
> The amount of code and the amount of static data in the program
> directly affects where the malloc() will generate a segmentation
> violation.  When -O2 is used in compiling t.c, the code is smaller
> and malloc() is able to get the first 64 byte chunk, but fails on
> the second.

That 't.c' program (the bigger one), when compiled like this:

cc -o t t.c -lpthread -static -O2

with

#define PARTS 128

segfaults at 101...

Is this just something I missed, or is this still the LinuxPPC broken
pthreads?

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael at surfdirect.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/